This privacy notice applies to processing activities carried out Premium Plan Limited trading as Red Potato. The purpose of this privacy notice is to explain how we collect and use your personal data. Premium Plan Limited trades as Premium Plan, Red Potato and Finance My Balloon. In this privacy notice ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ are references to Premium Plan Limited. Premium Plan Limited is a data controller in respect of personal data that we process in connection with our business, which is a motor finance lender.
The personal data we collect and process
The categories of personal data we collect and process are:
- Basic personal information such as your name, gender, address history, date of birth, telephone number(s), email address;
- Information about your family and personal circumstances (such as marital status and dependents);
- Details of your income and expenditure;
- Details of your employment status and/or benefit awards;
- Photographic identification such as a passport and/or driving licence;
- Current and historic financial information including account details, transactional history and outstanding balances;
- Banking details such as an account number and sort code;
- Details of health and medical conditions but only where you have given explicit consent.
Why we collect and process personal data
We collect and process personal data for the following reasons:
- To help us make a lending decision when you apply for motor finance;
- To check your details and information you or a credit broker have provided us with;
- To check your credit history;
- To confirm your identity;
- To help us manage your account (for example, to recover debts you owe to us or to trace you if we need to);
- To share information about you and how you manage your account and repayments with a credit reference agency;
- If we suspect or identify fraud, money laundering or any other criminal activity.
How we obtain personal data
We obtain personal data from a number of sources which include:
- Information you supply to us;
- Information if you have previously had an account with us;
- Information that we acquire through our relationship with you and the way you operate your account such as repayments;
- Information supplied by a credit broker who introduces you to us;
- Information obtained from a credit reference agency.
If you would like a copy of the information held by the credit reference agency please Callcredit Information Group Limited. Their contact details are: Callcredit, One Park Lane, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS3 1EP. 0330 024 7574 callcredit.co.uk/consumer-solutions
Credit reference agencies retain a record of the enquiries we make and may record, use and supply this information we give them. This information may be used by other lenders, insurers and other organisations even if we do not accept your application for motor finance. We, law enforcement agencies and other organisations may also access and use this information to prevent and detect fraud, money laundering and other criminal activity.
The three main credit reference agencies Callcredit, Equifax and Experian use and share personal data they receive with each other. For more information please refer to: https://www.callcredit.co.uk/crain
Sharing your personal data with third parties
We may share your personal data with third parties such as:
- A third party nominated by you, who acts on your behalf such as a relative, advice agency or legal representative;
- Details of your account information and transactional history with a credit reference agency;
- A third party who acts as our agent such as a debt collection agency , vehicle recovery operator, or our legal representative;
- A vehicle inspection operator where a vehicle mechanical investigation is required;
- A lender if we transfer the motor finance under the terms of the credit agreement to another lender;
- Our funders;
- A third party where we are required by law such as enforcement agencies, juridical bodies, government entities, tax authorities and regulatory bodies.
How long we will keep your data for and how we will protect it
If you make a motor finance application which is not approved, we will retain your personal data for no longer than one year from the date your application is declined or closed.
If you make a motor finance application which is approved and you subsequently enter into a credit agreement with us, we will retain your personal data for six years from the date your credit agreement ends, or longer if required to do so by a regulator or by law. This will help us answer any enquiries or resolve any complaints you may have. After this period, your personal details will be deleted and anonymised.
Data will be processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage using appropriate technical and organisational measures.
Your data rights
If you wish to exercise any of your data rights, please contact us using the details stated at the end of this privacy notice.
- Access – You have the right to access the personal data we hold about you.
- Rectification – You have the right to rectify inaccurate personal data we hold about you. If personal data is incomplete taking into account the purposes of the processing you also have the right to have incomplete data completed. If any personal data has been disclosed to a third party, such as a credit reference agency we will also inform them that the personal data has been rectified.
- Erasure – In specific circumstances, you can ask us to delete your personal data. If the processing of your personal data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims we will not be able to delete your personal data.
- Restriction – In specific circumstances, you have the right to restrict processing of your personal data.
- Portability – Where technically feasible you have the right to have your data transmitted by us to another data controller.
- Objection – You have the right to object to us processing your personal data, unless we can demonstrate compelling and legitimate grounds for processing, which may override your own interests, or where we need to investigate and protect us or others from legal claims.
- Withdraw consent – Where you have given consent to the processing of your personal data you have the right to with your consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing which is based on consent prior to your withdrawal.
- Complaints – If you wish to raise a complaint about how we have handled your personal data you can contact us directly. We hope that we can address any of your concerns you may have, but you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you wish. The ICO helpline is 0303 123 1113 or refer to their website www.ico.org.uk
How to contact us
Our contact details are:
Address: Premium Plan Limited, Kempton House, Kempton Way, PO Box 9562, Grantham, Lincolnshire, NG31 0EA
Telephone: 0800 009 4147
Our Data Protection Officer is Dale Stringer, Compliance Director
Privacy notice May 2018